Pick-up and drop-off hotel in Siem Reap
Drinking water and cool towel during trip
Transportation during the tour
Live tour guide (English, Spanish, German)
Traveling between Phnom Penh and Siem Reap can often be long and inconvenient. Make your journey scenic and fulfilling on a private 3-day Mekong Delta cruise, designed to reveal Cambodian culture and natural landscapes. Travel to the UNESCO-listed Tonle Sap lake; discover the crocodiles near Chong Khneas; and visit floating villages such as Chnok Tru. Accomodation on board the boat, all meals, and hotel drop-off in Siem Reap are included.
- 3-day Mekong River cruise from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap
- Travel between the two cities at a relaxed pace along the river
- Visit the UNESCO-listed Tonle Sap lake and discover traditional Cambodian villages
- Accomodation on board the boat, all meals, and hotel drop-off in Siem Reap are included
- Receive undivided attention from a private guide
Onboard in the Sat Toung (the pelican in Khmer) for an unforgettable adventure of 3 days and 2 nights, discover the ancient and charming city of Udong. At night, the boat will anchor on a small arm of the river in front of a typical farm of the banks of the river. Arriving at Kampong Chhnang, it will plunge you into the peaceful life of Cambodian provincial cities, where time seems to have slowed down.
There, go to see, by tuk-tuk about 5 Km from the port, a village made of traditional pottery workshops sold throughout Cambodia. Then, after a hearty lunch on board, visiting the floating village of Chnok Tru in a small boat in the community will make you enjoy a different way of life. Therefore, the boat will anchor near a small floating fishing village, very far from any civilization, lost in the middle of this flooded forest ecosystem that characterizes Lake Tonle Sap. The dinner will be served with fellow travelers while listening to the cries of the birds nesting all around the boat.
After breakfast, during which you can enjoy the specialties of organic farming Khmer, the third day will be dedicated to cross the lake to the village of Kampong Khleang. There, visit the village on huge pilings on the edge of the flooded forest and the village of Chong Khneas through the crocodile farms, homes, schools, all aquatic life in there marking the arrival in Siem Reap, gateway to the fabulous Angkor temples entry.
It will be possible, during the low water season - the beginning of February to end of June approximately 2 weeks - after the visit of the floating village of Chnok Tru and Kompong Preas (village of a few crew members), to pass in front of the school supported by Ptea Clara ( NGO related to Phocea Mekong cruise). Then, visiting a very old temple of the 11th century, part of which, according to locals, would rise each year by several centimeters.
After lunch, around 12:15, crossing the Tonle Sap Lake and joining Siem Reap by fast boat from the community where the boat will arrive around 18:30.
When is no longer enough water on Lake Tonlé Sap to sail there, the Sat Toung wets in front of the floating village of Chhnok Tru. Then go on a tour of the surrounding floating villages passing by the lake with a fishing boat.
These fishing boats (called long-tailed boats, the propeller being fixed at the end of a long transmission to navigate in a few centimeters of water) are characteristic of Tonle Sap Lake.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- A maximum of 4 people per booking
- Indicate prices are for one cabin for up to 2 passengers per cabin
- No air conditioning. The boat is naturally ventilated and wooden cabins are covered by a white protective order to limit the temperature. These, however, are softer because we are on the river. The cabins are equipped with fans.
- We determine the menus before departure and we source fresh produce along with our cruises. It is possible that our cook changes its menu based on availability on the market met or for an encounter with a fisherman.
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- If there are few insects in the day in the river, moorings at night can attract many, especially if we are the only lights visible for several kilometers. We are equipped with mosquito nets in the cabins and the main deck level to be able to dine comfortably. However, it is strongly recommended that repulsive and dark clothing (light colored clothes attract insects).
- Please bring: Sunscreen – preferably 50 indexes (all year), hat, walking shoes. Mosquito repellants are required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
41 Reviews From
15 hours BATTAMBANG
0 Reviews From
4 hours SIEM REAP